Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

Leeds Castle, Kent UK

Hello everybody! Nice to meet you all! This is the opening, and personally, first ever article, both for me and the blog. So.. here we go!




















I'll inaugurate it talking about Leeds Castle, in Maidstone, Kent. Me and my new Japanese friends went there, luckily on a sunny day, and I have to admit the place is really picturesque. To our surprise, it was neatly decorated for Christmas, That made it even more special. 

There is a path you have to follow that makes easy to visit all the area without getting lost over there. The castle is situated on the River Len bounded by a lake that makes a good environment for the animals that live there, most of them birds. Actually it's the first time ever I saw a real swan. The sights are lovely and we took lots of wonderful pictures, you can have a look at some of them I've uploaded in the bottom of the article.

The Castle was a Norman stronghold and after that it belonged to several Saxon Kings and Queens. Lady Baillie was the last who lived there until 1974 when she bequeathed the castle and 500-acre park to the Nation under the trusteeship of the charitable Leeds Castle Foundation.
To know more about the castle you can visit the web: 

http://www.leeds-castle.com/land.php

How to go and entrance fee:


Maybe you will be interested to know about the ticket's price, I payed £17.50 with a student discount, but £19.75 is the general price. Once you get the entrance you receive a card that allows you to visit the castle for an year from that date on. I'm planning to go again in Summer specialy to see the gardens.

I hope you enjoyed the article and start planning your visit. I'd love to know your opinion experience ;)




    






veronika map

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sure looks like an amazing place! I'd love to visit it someday! A wonderful review, it makes waiting for the next one somewhat difficult now.

mintyessence said...

Lovely post. I need to visit there one day! :)